When you post a challenge on Idea Drop, you can also broadcast an automated message about it to your teams Slack channel.
Broadcasting your challenge to other apps increases its visibility, engages more employees, and most importantly, generates more ideas.
How do I set up Slack integration?
Step-by-step video tutorial
Step-by-step written guide
- You will need admin rights on your Slack work environment in order to set up the integration
- Go to "Add apps" on your Slack application
- Search for "Webhook" and select "Add incoming Webhook"
- Write a description for the webhook, "Idea Drop Challenges"
- Add a name for the Webhook, "Idea Drop"
- Add the Idea Drop logo as the 'Profile Image' for the Webhook***
DOWNLOAD IMAGE HERE
***Please don't skip this step as you may not be able to set the logo after you have completed the setup.
- Press "Save Changes"
- Copy the Webhook URL
- Go to app.ideadrop.co/integrations
- Paste the URL into the Slack Webhook URL box
- Click "Enable Slack Webhook"
And you're done!
The Slack integration button will now appear for all admins in the 'Drop a Challenge' window. Simply select it and you will broadcast the challenge to the chosen channel in Slack.
If you still need help setting up this integration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org