When you post a challenge on Idea Drop, you can let your employees know about it by automatically broadcasting a message to a Microsoft Teams channel.
Broadcasting your challenge can increase its visibility, engage more of your employees, and most importantly, generate more ideas.
How do I set up the Microsoft Teams integration?
Step-by-step video tutorial
Step-by-step written guide
- You will need admin rights on Microsoft Teams and on Idea Drop in order to set up the integration
- Open Microsoft Teams and navigate to the channel you want to share Idea Drop Challenges to
- Click on the channel menu (...) and select "Connectors"
- Search for "Incoming Webhook" and then click "Configure"
- Add a name for the Webhook, "Idea Drop"
- Add the Idea Drop logo as the 'Profile Image' for the Webhook***
DOWNLOAD IMAGE HERE
***Don't skip this step as you may not be able to set the logo after you have completed the setup.
- Click "Create"
- Copy the Webhook URL
- Go to app.ideadrop.co/integrations
- Paste the URL in the Microsoft Teams Webhook box
- Click "Enable Webhook"
And you're done!
The Microsoft Teams integration button will now appear for all admins in the 'Drop a Challenge' window. Simply select it and you will automatically broadcast the challenge to the chosen channel in Microsoft Teams.
If you still need help setting up this integration, please contact email@example.com